Read the full SEO strategy case study here: http://backlinko.com/seo-strategy
Are you looking for an SEO strategy that gets results?
Then you’ll love this video where I share a step-by-step case study of The Guestographic Method: an infographic marketing technique with a focus on building high quality backlinks.
How does it work?
There are 5 simple steps to follow:
1. First, you (obviously) need an infographic. It doesn’t have to be mindblowing…but it should at least be good. The better your infographic, the better results you’ll get.
2. Second, you need to find people who might want to see your content. How? Just search for your keywords that describe your infographic. So if you had an infographic about Facebook marketing you’d Google keywords like “Facebook marketing tips” and “How to market on Facebook”.
3. Next, it’s time to send those people a quick email. Nothing pushy. Literally just an email says something like: “Hey, I saw that you’re interested in topic X. I just published an infographic about topic X. Would you like to see it?”. I prefer not to send someone a link in the first email. That way, I’m not pushing my infographic in their face 🙂
4. When they say “yes”, send them a link to your infographic. But also offer to write them a unique intro to go along with it. The unique introduction greases the wheels a bit and makes them more likely to share your infographic on their site.
5. Finally, include a backlink to your site in the introduction that you write. This contextual link is MUCH more SEO-friendly than getting all of your infographic links from right beneath the infographic.
So that’s all there is to this simple-yet-powerful SEO strategy.
If you’re looking to get more actionable SEO videos like this one, make sure to subscribe to my YouTube channel right here: